Pet Friendly Pest Control In Lexington, Kentucky
Lexington is a charming city in the heart of the Bluegrass region of Kentucky, known for its rich history, horse farms, and bourbon distilleries. The city’s picturesque downtown area is filled with locally owned shops, restaurants, and bars, making it a vibrant and lively place to visit or live. While Lexington’s natural beauty makes it an ideal spot to live, unfortunately we share this space with numerous pests that pose real threats to Lexington residents and businesses. Whether you’re looking to safeguard your home or business, professional pest control services is the only way to go, and we have Lexington KY pest control solutions for you.
Welcome to Berner Pest Solutions. We are a local, family-owned, and operated company committed to serving our customers with empathy, kindness, and integrity. We understand how stressful pest issues can be and strive to provide personalized services to meet all our client’s pest control needs. Whatever your pest situation, we’re the ones to call. Reach out to us today for a free, no-obligation inspection & estimate.
Home Pest Control in Lexington, KY
To ensure that your home in Lexington, KY is protected from pests, you can rely on our knowledgeable and experienced staff of professionals. Berner Pest Solution’s residential pest control solutions can help resolve any pest issue within your home, and our Top Dog Pest Prevention service can help stop infestations before they occur, saving you time and money in the long run.
Our services provide comprehensive protection against household pest activity throughout the year, encompassing an extensive range of common pests such as ants, spiders, roaches, mosquitoes, silverfish, millipedes, centipedes, fleas, ticks, rodents, termites, and a host of other pests.
We created our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program with utmost consideration for your safety. Our approach involves employing only the safest products and treatments that align with your family’s well-being and preferences to ensure that the job is accomplished effectively. If you feel that Berner is exactly what you’re looking for in a pest control company, call us today for a free quote!
Ant Control in Lexington, KY
Despite Lexington’s rapid growth, each spring and summer, we are quickly reminded of the persistent ant population that we are up against. It is estimated that there are trillions upon trillions of ants on Earth, with some estimates suggesting that the total number of ants may exceed 10 quadrillion, which gives you an idea of how many ants likely reside in Lexington alone. Nevertheless, fret not! From Carpenter Ants to Odorous House Ants, Berner has you covered in preventing these numerous pests. Although it may seem like an impossible feat to decrease the number of ants worldwide or in Lexington, you can take measures to reduce their population in your own home.
Helpful Tips to Get Rid of Ants in Lexington:
- Locate their entry points: Ants can utilize many areas within your home as a harborage for colony nests. Following the worker trail can help you identify where they are coming from.
- Seal any entry points you find. Once you locate where they are coming in from, caulking or sealing those areas to prevent access into your home can be beneficial in preventing further foraging or infestation.
- Good housekeeping i.e. taking trash out regularly and avoiding leaving food out will make your home less attractive to foraging ants.
- Reduce moisture: Plumbing and roof leaks can be very attractive to ants as they require water just like humans. Repairing any leaks or moisture issues in your home can make it significantly less attractive to moisture loving pests such as Carpenter Ants, who often nest in wood that has been affected by moisture.
- Lastly, trimming tree limbs away from your home can keep ants from using branches as a bridge into your structure. Even with pest control, ants can use these limbs to circumvent treated areas, so this is good practice with or without a provider.
Berner Pest Solutions provides the highest quality ant control to get rid of ants in your home and make sure they don’t come back. We offer services for Carpenter Ants, Odorous House Ants, Pavement Ants, and more.
Not sure if the winged insects you’re seeing is ants or termites? Give us a call today for a free inspection.
Mosquito Control In Lexington, KY
Whether you’ve tried DIY methods such as citronella candles, bug zappers or light attractants unsuccessfully, or have tried other professional services and haven’t been satisfied with the results, Berner Pest has a complete guide to mosquito control and solutions for you.
Most professional pest control companies in Lexington use a heavy-handed adulticide-focused approach of spraying and praying, hoping that the mosquitoes land in their treatment area. While adulticides alone can provide some relief, we find it to be a halfway approach considering that the entire life cycle of a mosquito typically takes approximately 8-10 days.
That’s why at Berner, we utilize larvicides and container traps that specifically target aedes and other container-breeding mosquitoes in an eco-friendly manner. In addition to this “birth control for mosquitoes” approach, we utilize a greener approach to adulticide fogging applications to foliage, limiting our impact to beneficial pollinators and other non-target species. Learn more about our mosquito program here!
Termite Control in Lexington, KY
Termites are a major pest in the United States, and they are known for causing significant damage to homes and other structures. According to the National Pest Management Association, termites cause an estimated $5 billion in property damage each year in the United States. This damage is often not covered by homeowners’ insurance policies, making it important for homeowners to take steps to prevent and control termite infestations. Early detection and treatment can help minimize the damage caused by termites.
Below are some tips to help prevent termites from damaging your home in Lexington, KY:
- It’s imperative to schedule yearly termite inspections as termites are notorious for doing their damage undetected. Most of the time, termite damage goes unnoticed until it becomes severe. By having your residence regularly assessed by our thorough and experienced termite inspectors, you can save a substantial amount of time and money in the long run.
- Remove sources of moisture: Termites are attracted to moisture, so it’s important to eliminate any sources of water in and around your home. Fix leaky pipes, remove standing water, and ensure proper drainage away from your home’s foundation.
- Eliminate wood-to-soil contact: Termites can easily access your home through wood that is in direct contact with the soil. Remove any wood debris or scrap wood near your home and ensure that wood portions of the home’s structure are not touching the soil.
- Store firewood properly: Firewood should be stored at least 20 feet away from your home and elevated off the ground.
- Seal cracks and openings: Seal any cracks or openings in your home’s foundation, walls, and roof to prevent termites from entering.
By following these tips, you can help reduce the risk of termite infestation and protect your home from damage. Our termite services include Trelona ATBS Annual Bait Stations. In preventative or corrective situations, Trelona is the most attractive bait for termites in the market and provides long-lasting control and prevention. In corrective situations, we also utilize Termidor products for spot treatment to areas where activity is present for quick & efficient resolution to the issue.
Cockroach Control in Lexington, KY
There are several species of cockroaches that can be found in Lexington, Kentucky and none of them are adding any benefit to us. The most common species of cockroaches found in our area include the American cockroach, German cockroach, and Oriental cockroach. There are also other species of cockroaches that can occasionally be found in Lexington, such as the brown-banded cockroach and the smokybrown cockroach.
Among our most common species found in homes and buildings are the American and German cockroaches. These species are known to be particularly problematic, as they can quickly infest a building and even spread disease if they encounter food.
Some tips to keep your home cockroach free:
- Keep your home clean and take trash out regularly: Cockroaches are attracted to food and garbage, so keeping your home clean and free of crumbs and debris is essential.
- Seal up cracks and gaps: Cockroaches can enter your home through small cracks and gaps. Seal up any openings around windows, doors, and plumbing.
- Store food properly: Store food in airtight containers and clean up spills and crumbs promptly.
- Eliminate moisture: Cockroaches need moisture to survive, so fix any leaks and dry up standing water in your home.
- Declutter your home: Cockroaches can hide in clutter, so keeping your home tidy and free of unnecessary items can help prevent infestations.
Even the sight of one cockroach can be a traumatic experience for many people. This is likely due to the knowledge of the various bacteria, viruses, and parasites they spread that can cause illness in humans. Cockroaches can also reproduce quickly, making a small infestation quickly become a large one. They are difficult to eliminate because they can hide in small cracks and crevices, and they can develop resistance to some pesticides over time. Additionally, they can cause damage to books, wallpaper, and other materials in the home by eating paper products, glue, and some types of fabrics.
If you’ve seen a cockroach in your home and are ready for it to be your last, request a quote today!
Carpenter Bee Control In Lexington, KY
If you’ve ever experienced springtime in Lexington, chances are you’ve encountered Carpenter bees zealously guarding their territory – most likely your own deck or fence – from any perceived threats, including you! They are known for their distinctive appearance, with a shiny black body and bright yellow hairs on their thorax. Unlike honeybees, which live in hives, carpenter bees are solitary bees that typically nest in wood.
Carpenter bees can be a nuisance to homeowners because they bore holes in wood, such as eaves, decks, and siding, to create their nests. Over time, this can weaken the wood and cause damage to the structure of the home. Carpenter bees do not eat wood, but they can cause cosmetic damage to painted or stained wood surfaces.
If you have a carpenter bee problem in your home, it’s important to take steps to prevent them from nesting. This can include sealing up any cracks or gaps in wood surfaces, painting or staining exposed wood surfaces, and using treated lumber for any new construction or repairs. If you already have carpenter bees nesting in your home, it’s important to have a professional pest control company treat them to mitigate further infestation.
Contact us for assistance treating your property for carpenter bees today.
Rodent Control in Lexington, KY
Rodents are a common pest problem in Lexington, Kentucky, and include species such as the house mouse and Norway rat. These rodents are known as commensal because they live in close association with humans and depend on them for food, water, and shelter. House mice are the most common commensal rodent found in Lexington homes. They are small and can squeeze through tiny gaps and cracks to gain entry into buildings. They can cause damage to structures by chewing through wires, insulation, and other materials. They can also carry and spread diseases to humans through their droppings, urine, and saliva. Norway rats are also found in Lexington and can cause similar problems as house mice. They are larger and burrow in the ground. These rats can cause damage to buildings by chewing through wood, plastic, and other materials. They can also spread diseases to humans through their droppings and urine.
To prevent and control commensal rodents, it’s important to keep homes and surrounding areas clean and free of food and water sources. Sealing up any gaps and cracks in the home’s foundation and walls can also help to prevent rodent entry. If a rodent infestation is suspected, it’s important to contact a professional pest control service to eliminate the problem and prevent future infestations.
These are some of the common signs of a rodent issue in your home:
- Rodent droppings are a common sign of an infestation, particularly in the attic or basement of a home.
- You may hear scratching or tapping sounds coming from inside the walls if you have a rodent infestation.
- If you notice signs of chewing or gnawing on food packaging or in the walls, it could indicate a rodent problem.
- A musty odor is often present when there are rodent urine and droppings in the area.
- Look for rodent tracks, which can appear as smudge marks, grease stains, or footprints, as another sign of an infestation.
Commercial Pest Control in Lexington, KY
Are you tired of dealing with pest problems that damage your property and reputation, decrease employee morale, and potentially cost you clients? Look no further than our Associate Certified Entomologist-led commercial pest control services. As business owners ourselves, we understand the diverse needs of our clients, with experience serving various industries including government, healthcare, large resorts/hotels, airports, food distributors, and more.
We specialize in the design, implementation, and quality assurance of integrated pest management programs that meet 3rd party auditing standards. Our goal is simple: to make our clients look good to their clients. We achieve this by providing tailored solutions that prioritize your unique pest management needs.
After a facility walk-through and assessment of your existing pest management program, we will provide a detailed proposal. During the walk-through, we take the time to observe, take photos when necessary, and make recommendations based on what we find during our inspection. We want to know what is currently working and what areas need improvement from your perspective, as every facility is different.
Don’t let pest problems damage your business any longer. Trust us to provide effective and reliable commercial pest control services that will ensure the health and safety of your employees and customers, maintain your reputation, and potentially save you money in the long run. Contact us today to schedule a facility walk-through and take the first step towards a pest-free environment.